1. Lucie has been saying the funniest things lately. She told me that she loved me more than Dad. I said, "Why? You should love both of us the same." She said, "I know Mom, but you learn better than Dad does." I said, "What do you mean?" she said, "You know, Mom, how when you take us to the gas station, and you know just how to turn the key so that we can still listen to Taylor Swift with the car off? Well, Dad doesn't know how to do that, so you get more points than he does. That is why I love you more..."
2. While driving the other day, I was telling the girls that I was going to finish my master's degree and finally graduate. I told Lucie that she was going to graduate from preschool and that Marlie was also going to graduate from second grade. All of a sudden in a small voice from the back seat of the car, Lucie said, "That's great, Mom, but what about Dad?" A few seconds later, while I was trying to think of some great answer, knowing Dad wasn't going to graduate from anything I could think of, Marlie said, "I know Mom! Dad is graduating too! He is going to graduate from tending us a lot while you have been at school!"
3. Lucie told Marlie that the Easter Bunny wasn't real. Marlie got all upset and kept trying to convince her that it was real. Then Lucie said, "Marlie, I know the one that comes to our house is real, but the one you see like at the grocery store and at the mall - that one is just a man dressed up. It's sooooo obvious!"
7 comments:
Lisa that is hillarious. Your girls are so funny, especially that Lucie girl. Kids say the funniest things sometimes. I love it!
That is so funny. It's good to document it. Ella is always saying funny stuff and I can never remember it. I love the one about her loving you more! To cute~
That Lucie is such a crack up!
those girls are cracking me up! glad you are writing it down! they both looked so cute in their easter dresses!
Hilarious! We miss all of you -- even the non-graduating Kevin. Congratulations on all your accomplishments!!
Funny comments! Glad you know how to let them listen to music at the gas station (I've never even thought of that)....
Lucky Kevin to be graduating soon!
Lisa!!
I found you from your Alphabet Ink blog... I waste a bit to much time on good old blogger! :) Tell my favorite Marlie hi and that I miss her bunches and bunches!
xoxo
Rebecca (aka Miss Kunz)
P.S. I will be back next year teaching first grade!!! Yay!! So I am sure I will see you soon!!
Post a Comment