We have been running since we had our kids - in every way! Life is like a marathon - full of uphills and downhills, water stops, taking the time to stretch, beautiful views, fast sprints, slow walks, and yes, sore muscles. But we are thankful for all of it because when we reach the finish line at the end of each day we know that it was all worth it!

Saturday, February 27, 2010






























The Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay consisted of two vehicles full of 6 runners each. We started in Logan, UT the morning of the first day and ended the next day in the evening in Park City, UT.
I was a graft into the group - someone had injured themselves and I was a replacement. With only two weeks to train, I ended up with one of the worst legs of the race. I had to run a little over 7 miles uphill through a canyon. This sounds bad enough, but it was the heat of the summer, and I had to run up a gravel road, with hundreds of support vans going by, kicking up the dust in my face.
The reward was the beautiful meadow at the top, where I got to get back in the car and watch our friend Jen go down a grueling downhill leg.
My next leg was 4 miles in the dark of the night where my only friend was my headlamp and my iPod. I couldn't see a runner in front of me or behind me.
Third leg was a quick 3 miles in Heber, UT where I ran my fastest ever. I ran an 8 minute mile for all three miles!

No comments: