Kevin did the Boise Half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 run) in June. I took so many pictures that it has taken me a while to get it posted. We went with our friends Adam and Julie Crayk and her sister and husband. It was really fun to stay in Boise - our hotel was right next to the event. They practiced the day before in the lake and it was freezing! The day of was really windy and super hot. I felt for these guys! Anyway, Kevin had his typical "sick as a dog" post race "fun" but all in all we had a great time! Go Kevin! (By the way, I'm pretty sure I will count this event off of my bucket list. It looked pretty miserable!)
We have been running since we had our kids - in every way! Life is like a marathon - full of uphills and downhills, water stops, taking the time to stretch, beautiful views, fast sprints, slow walks, and yes, sore muscles. But we are thankful for all of it because when we reach the finish line at the end of each day we know that it was all worth it!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Boise Half Ironman
Kevin did the Boise Half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 run) in June. I took so many pictures that it has taken me a while to get it posted. We went with our friends Adam and Julie Crayk and her sister and husband. It was really fun to stay in Boise - our hotel was right next to the event. They practiced the day before in the lake and it was freezing! The day of was really windy and super hot. I felt for these guys! Anyway, Kevin had his typical "sick as a dog" post race "fun" but all in all we had a great time! Go Kevin! (By the way, I'm pretty sure I will count this event off of my bucket list. It looked pretty miserable!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome, Kevin! Way to go!
Post a Comment